01 July 2010

Restoring Relationships!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I was talking with a friend of mine today and I found out that this person had a bad experience with someone in high school. I got to thinking about this and even though this person was hurt, they still reached out to the person that hurt them and is friends with them. This is what we should all be doing! We should all be striving to restore lost relationships even if we were the one who was hurt.

I know that when I was that young that I was cocky, arrogant, and stupid! I did many things and hurt many people. I'm not talking physically here. I wish I could take all them things back. I was also hurt many times by many people. I wish I could go back and somehow make a difference back then.

The thing is, we all have hurt and been hurt by others! I try to let God be my example on this. God, throughout history, has been working to restore mankind to Himself so that Man and God can have a good relationship together through His Son, Jesus Christ!

Now Jesus said the greatest two commandments were the first two: 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.' Matthew 22:37-40

So the whole of the Law is about relationships! First, your personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ; and second, your relationship with your neighbors, or simply put, everyone else! If we seek to restore both of these relationships, then we are following the Law, not our of obligation to obedience, but through love given us by example of God's grace and Jesus' sacrifice!

I hope that everyone who reads this thinks about someone with whom they do not have a good relationship with and finds the courage to reach out to that person or persons and strives to restore that relationship!

God bless you Guys and Gals this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment