09 July 2010

David's Faith In God!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I was reading today in 1 Samuel about David and Goliath. Did you know that Goliath was over 9 feet tall? I did the math and it said he was six cubits and a span. Now a cubit is 18 inches. If you add up just the cubits, that is 9 feet tall!

Now David was just a youth and everyone thought he was just talk. Yet he approached Goliath and said this, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have taunted. This day the LORD will deliver you up into my hands, and I will strike you down and remove your head from you. And I will give the dead bodies of the army of the Philistines this day to the birds of the sky and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, and that all this assembly may know that the LORD does not deliver by sword or by spear; for the battle is the LORD's and He will give you into our hands.' 1 Samuel 17:45-47.

What an amazing faith and witness for the Lord! And you wonder why God called David a man after His own heart! It was also because when David found out about his sin, he immediately repented and sought the forgiveness that only God can give!

I wonder what America would be like today if our President had faith in God the same way David had. I ask and pray to God that He guides us in our choosing of our leaders and our next president!

God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment