29 June 2010

Right Thing vs Cost To Us!

I have faced this problem many times. The choice of doing the right thing in a situation where it will cost you something if you choose the right thing. Many times before I have failed in doing the right thing.

Recently though, I did do the right thing and it cost me. It cost me a whole lot. I won't go into what it cost me, but I will say that I am in emotional pain because of it. See, I don't see physical pain as real pain. The only real pain in life is the emotional pain one experiences from things such as loss, betrayal, and sin.

I can hold to one thing though, the fact that Jesus is right there beside me as I go through this. How did the Apostle Paul put it?

'I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.' Philippians 3:8-11!

Can it be said any more perfectly?

God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment