25 February 2014

In Control?

Hello Guys and Gals,

Have you ever thought you had control of something only to realize that the control you thought you had wasn't actually there at all? I have!

I thought I had control of my anger despite my pain and all I have been through. Yet, last night, I lost my temper. I was in pain last night in an extreme way. I am not sure if it was related to the weather, something I had done, stress, being out of joint, or a combination of all the above. Yet I was not in a good way. And when talking with my friend last night a misunderstanding happened and I lost my temper.

As a result, I ended up increasing my pain to drive away my pain. Only those who are in great pain know how this works because when you cause pain to yourself, endorphins and adrenaline are released from your brain and distributed to your pain areas so that you might cope better with that pain. So I did this. Yet it is a short term relief and in the end you cause yourself greater pain that you will have to live with in the coming days.

On top of all that, I think I hurt the feelings of my friend. I cannot apologize enough to this man of great character. Seeing me lose my temper, he rightly scolded me for it and then sought to bring me relief in subtle ways that I cannot explain because I do not see how he does it. Yet, in talking with him, he got my mind off of my pain and got me to calm down. I am forever grateful for his understanding and patience and craft in the ability to bring peace to my soul. I know it is Jesus working through him, yet he somehow sees how to break through my pain and anger to find another subject or topic that distracts me or diverts me away from that which caused my anger.

I am thankful that Iron Sharpens Iron, and this man is one in which truly sharpens me and teaches me how to handle things in a crisis.

26 Be angry and do not sin. Don’t let the sun go down on your anger, 27and don’t give the Devil an opportunity. ~ Ephesians 4:26 (HCSB)

This speaks of when you are angry, be sure to not let the sun go down on your anger. In other words, seek to resolve and forgive and amend the problem so that you do not dwell upon it as you sleep. Go make it right immediately with the person to whom you are angry or with whom is angry with you! My friend was subtle, yet without guile, enough in his manner last night that when I became angry, he was able to divert me enough so that I did not go to sleep angry.

This is simply something to think upon today.

May God walk with you this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment