20 February 2014

A Test Of Proper Focus And Obedience!

Hello Guys and Gals,

I recently had a test of obedience. Actually, I have had several. Yet I am speaking of one in specific. I was tested by God with my commitment to His way. Let me explain...

I have joined a dating site that is supposed to match you up in a way that other sites do not. I joined this site. And while being truthful with what I am looking for, a godly wife, there have been times where the truth within me has been challenged. I had a match of high probability writing me. Just before the real e-mail communication started, this lady wrote that she would probably lose me when she told me she was still pregnant with another man's child. She had joined a different dating site and met a Christian man who was a new Christian. And through their weakness, they both gave in and joined themselves to one another and had a coupling which produced a child. The man had a real crisis with it and so did she if truth be told. He did not commit to anything other than making sure the child is taken care of. And she saw this as a failure of him as a man as he did not take her to be his wife.

The challenge she issued me was whether or not I would cut off communication with her because of the child. I did not and I told her as such. So for two days I communicated with her and asked God for help with this particular problem. God showed something to me that many might not find politically correct, but I do not care about that as many of you now know. What I care about is revealing to you the truth of God's word as He has given it to us through the scripture! Let scripture be defined as the Holy Bible!

I came to the realization that this woman had joined herself to another man. Let me be clear as to how God views a physical coupling. When she willingly joined herself to this man in physical union, she bound herself to him in the eyes of God in marriage! That's right, she married this man and he married her when they had a physical coupling! Marriage has several symbolic meanings, yet one that often goes unnoticed is the symbolism of two people physically joining themselves together so that a relationship is seen through their choice of joining together.

The challenge she was asking of me is whether I would be accepting of her past (recent and not so recent) as I have often talked about not judging others for their sins. I did not judge her by this and I did accept her as a friend and was wondering if I could have a child by another man with whom I could care for as my own. I resolved that I could.

My challenge was not what she issued to me, but what would I do in this regard with another man's wife. I wrote to her to explain to her that I was shown this truth and that until she resolved her relationship with this man, as she was still with his child and would continue to have him in her life as a father to her child, let alone that it was clear that he is still struggling with commitment issues, that I would not be willing to enter in to a relationship with her until she resolved this relationship with the man whose child she is carrying. Whether they come together in marriage in the view of society, or they remain apart, she still needed to resolve this before seeking a relationship with another man. I also stated that if she needed prayer or counsel, I would be there and she had my phone number should she need to talk or pray!

See, the world is turning on it's head what we should be focusing upon. According to the view of society today, I should be accepting of other people's failed relationship consequences which they have not even dealt with yet. But should we focus instead on the biblical values, which means that these two were joined in marriage in the eyes of God, we are called intolerant and hypocrites. Yet, if any should call me that, I will remind you that I have resolved any relationship that I had with anyone and have been holding myself apart for my wife.

You may think that surely I have failed in this striving. I fully admit that I have failed in this striving, for I have often strayed in my mind and desired the fleshly world! For whether in sinning with my actions or sinning with my mind, both are sin in God's eyes! Also it would be just as big of a sin to have a relationship, or even lead another in the thought that a relationship would be possible between them and myself when they are still in a relationship with another.

This blog is about my walk and striving to keep my integrity in tact with Christ Jesus. I fail in that walk daily! Yet, somehow beyond my understanding, Jesus strengthens me and gives me wisdom, and through His strength and wisdom, He turns my failures into triumphs in my life!

As yet, I have not heard back from this lady. I feel she took the word God gave me to tell her that she should wait upon her husband to commit to her rather hard. I pray that the Lord guides her in her choices with that relationship!

My point is this: do we have the right focus on what we are being challenged with. As for me, I thought at first that the challenge was whether or not I would accept her past sins and be fine with it. Well I passed that challenge. Yet, that was not the real challenge. The real challenge was whether I would hold to God's principles on how I should treat my neighbor. I pray that I have passed that challenge as well for I did not enter into a relationship, other than a few communications, with another man's wife! This is where my focus should have been in the very first place. So do you have any challenges you are facing with the wrong focus? Has our society twisted our perceptions of what we should be focused upon? Have you asked yourself the question of whether your focus is correct in what you are facing right now?

If you haven't asked yourself, then have you asked God? Do you think it would be a good idea if you did?

May God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit come to you today and bless you in understanding and focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment