22 June 2010

My Past!

Hello Guys and Gals,

I would like to start off by telling you a little bit about my history and my walk with Christ.

My mother has always said that I was saved as a young age. I do not know exactly when. Yet I believe that Salvation cannot come to someone who does not understand what it means. So I discount this as my salvation date.

When I believe that I gained Salvation was when I was around 17 or 18 years old. I'm sorry to say that I do not remember the exact date. I find that too many people memorize this date and for me it's just not that important. What matters to me is that I have attained that salvation by the Grace of God through my faith in Jesus Christ!

At that time I had been dating a girl named Gayle. She told me that she could show me a world I'd never seen before, and she was right! She introduced me to people who took their Christianity seriously and not for granted. Now I was in love with this woman and it was partially because of her that I sought out my salvation with Jesus.

Please understand this, even though there was an ulterior motive to my motivations for asking Jesus into my heart, Jesus still saw that I was sincere in my heart asking Him to come into my life and save me. Salvation is immediate! Yet transformation begins at salvation and it is a process we go through that lasts the rest of our life until we attain perfection in Him when He gives us our new bodies. I thank God every day that Jesus saved me that day and that He has continued to work diligently to bring me back to Him as I openly fought against His will in my life.

Still, after my salvation, I was not acting as a Christian should act. I slept around with many women including married women. I got involved with heavy drug usage, specifically methamphetamines. And I certainly was not attending church or even praying or reading the bible on a regular basis. I certainly was not showing the world a good image of what a Christian should be.

Now there have been times in my life that I have returned to the church and told myself and many others that I gave up sinning. I now know that I will never stop sinning against Him until he gives me my perfected body. Yet I also know that His grace is sufficient for me and that I can come boldly to His throne of grace each and every time I sin against Him.

Again, I am a backslider and have done so many times in my past. I don't really want to go on too much about my past sins. Just know that if there is a sin you are dealing with, you, like me, can always talk to God about it and He will make things right as He transforms you into a Christlike image!

Now I am fully committed to His will and seek His strength in keeping my commitment to Him and not my own for I know that my strength is not sufficient for the task like His is.

I have a BA in History where I studied mainly ancient cultures and religions of the world with some study in Nazi Germany and Meiji Japan as well. I am not sure yet, but I hope to enroll in a master's degree program to earn a Masters in Christian Thought. From there, I do not know where the Lord will lead me.

I will stop for now and continue later with another post.

God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment