28 June 2010

Anger Is Weakness!

As some of you know, I have had my share of anger issues in my past. This is why I'm writing this segment. As such, I haven't done any research but hope to speak plainly from my heart about this subject.

I was a very angry young man in my early life and that anger came with me into adulthood and beyond. It got me nowhere good, and most of the time it got me somewhere worse off than I was before. Everybody struggles with anger at some time in their lives. Some more than others. I want you guys to know that anger is self defeating and the only good anger is a righteous anger that comes from the Lord!

I am dealing with something in my life right now that would normally make me very angry. However, I have been putting my anger into the Lord's hand and letting Him take it away from me. This is a very hard thing to do for those of us with anger problems. Why? Because those of us with anger problems are people who usually like to fix any problems we have by our own power. It is a very difficult thing to give up that control. Yet when I do give up that control and turn the issue over to Jesus, the anger in me simply fades into nothingness. I cannot explain it any other way. There is peace to be found in the Lord Jesus. All you have to do is let Him take over your life and He places His peace upon you!

God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment