10 April 2012

The Process Of Becoming Equipped For The Lord!

Hello Guys and Gals!

Have you ever asked, 'Why me Lord'? Have you ever known someone that is going through something difficult and/or painful in their life and have done nothing to cause it? Have you never had an answer for why someone is going through what they are going through? Well gird up your loins because I will give you the answer as I have learned it from the Lord! The answer is simply so that you will be equipped to deal with this same problem in your life at a later time so that you may find strength for yourself or provide strength for someone else who may need it at that later date!

Last night a friend of mine asked me to call her and she was going through something which I had been through some 5-7 years ago. She was at a loss of why she was going through it. Yet I was able to comfort her through this difficult time and give her some tools to be able to rely upon to help her with this difficulty she was experiencing. Yet, as I remember back to when I was having this same difficulty, I could not for the life of me understand why I was going through this thing. And now I see clearly why I went through it: the Lord was equipping me for a time such as this when I would be able to be able to help this dear friend of mine through this same trouble that I had been through so many years before!

If I had not gone through what I had gone through, then I would probably have been at a loss for what she is now going through. I would not have had the tools and knowledge and patience and answers that she needed so badly last night. I would not have been as understanding as I was. I would not have been able to help her in her time of need. Yet, the Lord saw fit in His loving provision to provide me with all of this so that I was equipped for that day of need! Yes, I said loving provision! Yes, I mean exactly that God lovingly put me through that so that I would, by His loving provision, be able to help someone else through the same thing!

Let me leave you with a verse to think upon this day: "28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." ~ Romans 8:28!

So when you are going through something very difficult or painful, remember that God is simply equipping you for what He needs you to be equipped for at a later time!

May God bless you all this day!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot agree with you more..I truely believe that as long as you are willing to be an obedient servent and a vessel of His word...that everything you experience in life is his way of mold us for His purpose..
    I have people tell me all the time that the scripture tells them that He will not give them more than they can handle.... I disagree with that....if you read that entire scripture 1 Cor 10:13...i believe that He will often give us more than we can handle.... He wants us to realize that we are the flesh and we MUST turn to Him to handle those things....which again makes is realize that He is the Potter... We must ALLOW Him to mold us for His purposes not ours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that He will not give us more than we can handle with His help! If we are to handle it by ourselves, then absolutely we are never able to handle it! The simplest definition of sin that I have ever come across is this: when you attempt to do anything that you do without doing it with God's help! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

    ReplyDelete