05 April 2012

My Security!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I have a question for you today: where have you placed your security? Do you have a savings account? Have you invested in the stock market? What about gold; have you bought any? Do you have a secret stash somewhere that you keep money in for a rainy day? In other words, when times get tough financially or otherwise, what do you have set aside to ensure that you and yours are taken care of?

What about me? I have nothing! I have no savings account and can barely hold onto my money more than a day or two after I get paid. I have no money invested in the stock market or gold or any other financial considerations. I have no secret stash hidden away. But do you know one thing I have that guarantees that I will be taken care of? I have Jesus Christ! He is my Lord and my Savior! In Him do I put my whole well being; that of my health, my finances, and my security!

Jesus addresses the issue of our security in Matthew:

"19 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal; 21 for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ~ Matthew 6:19-21.

and again:

"24 "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. 25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? 27 And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? 28 And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29 yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31 Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?' 32 For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. 34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~ Matthew 6:24-34.

Jesus tells us specifically that we can trust completely in God for all of our needs; yes, even financial security! Now I am not saying do not be diligent with your money and do not put aside for times of need. What I am saying is put your whole trust in God to provide for you in times of bounty as well as need!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a giving and helping person. If you come to me and are in need, I will take the very shirt off my back if necessary in order to help you with your need! This is probably why a Psychiatrist told me one time that I need to learn that I can support people in need without always helping them with my money. I sometimes go too far in caring for others so that I become a crutch to them instead of them learning to walk on their own. That being said, I do not have a lot of money to give people, but when they come to me for help, I am always able to help in some way. I believe this is one of the ways we are called by Him to live with other people, by helping them when they need help.

My point is that money is not the answer, God is the answer! Think about the Dollar. It is the currency upon which the USA trades and uses as legal tender. It used to be based upon the Gold Standard. Now it is not. It used to be the premiere currency of the world. Now it is not. The words, 'In God We Trust' used to have meaning to those who use it. Now they do not. Did you ever consider that as we have lost our faith in God that our currency has also lost the faith of the world? God is the only answer we should ever seek when we are in need. Did He not make everything and install into power every ruler who rules over every empire that has ever existed and will exist? Think about God's storehouses and treasury.

Do you remember when the Pharisees tested Jesus on whether or not it was lawful to pay tribute to Caesar?

"15 Then the Pharisees went and plotted together how they might trap Him in what He said. 16 And they sent their disciples to Him, along with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are truthful and teach the way of God in truth, and defer to no one; for You are not partial to any. 17 Tell us then, what do You think? Is it lawful to give a poll-tax to Caesar, or not?" 18 But Jesus perceived their malice, and said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites? 19 Show Me the coin used for the poll-tax." And they brought Him a denarius. 20 And He *said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" 21 They *said to Him, "Caesar's." Then He *said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." 22 And hearing this, they were amazed, and leaving Him, they went away." ~ Matthew 22:15-22.

My point is that all the money in the world is God's! All the food, the land, the real estate... is God's! God's treasuries have no end and this is where I go to place my security!

Many times I have been in need and times have been rough. But do you know that through all those times I have never once not had a meal to eat or a roof over my head or a place to lie down and sleep? God has provided for me, even when I was in sinful rebellion against Him, yes even then, through my whole life! He is my security and to Whom I put all my trust!

So again I will ask you: where have you placed your security?

May God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment