17 March 2012

Pain and Suffering!

Hello Guys and Gals!

Have you experienced pain in your life? I have! The last few days, my back and neck was acting up and as a result I was suffering from a migraine headache, neck pain, back pain, shoulder pain in both shoulders, tail bone pain and hip pain to be minimal about it. Just keep in mind that when this happens, a lot of other things are affected by it as well. But this got me reflecting upon things I have suffered and how I cling to God for my strength through these times.

I know that many of you have pain in your life. I also know that while the pain you are experiencing may not be the same as mine, I know I have experienced similar pain as such you are suffering. I have even been told that the physical pain I was suffering from was as bad as it gets and there isn’t any physical pain greater than that. I was truly, by his words, suffering a true level 10 pain on a scale from 1-10! I know!

But what about non-physical pain? Emotional or Spiritual pain? What about divorce or separation from family? What about betrayal by a friend or family member? What about a friend or family member literally trying to kill you? What about the loss of a loved one that brings grief so great that you are struggling to find meaning in your very existence? What about Societal pain? What about the looks of ‘good citizens’ as they look at you and judge you hypocritically? What about the looks that healthy people give overweight people when they do not know the circumstances of how they became overweight? What about, and listen close here, the extreme pain of confronting the truth that all that you are is so bad that nobody wants anything to do with you; the fact that all you have tried to become has come to nothing and you have nothing left and nowhere left to go? So you kneel in prayer to God because you hope that He will have mercy on you and give you enough of His attention so that you can beg for mercy from Him? Do you know these kinds of pain? I do! I know them all very intimately!

What then do you do with this kind of pain? You trust in Him, the Lord Jesus Christ! He may not take away your pain, even though He might do just that; but one thing He will definitely do is be there with you through that pain! He does not promise that you will no longer suffer from pain and suffering. He does promise that He will never leave or forsake you! He promises that He will give you nothing that you cannot bear! From one man who has been there, I give you my solemn oath that I know He has been there for me and will be there for you in the same manner!

If you have not thought much about this in a long time, maybe take a little time to think about what pain in your life that you would want to get rid of or even get help with dealing with it! You can get that relief or help in Him! It’s so very easy. All you have to do is kneel in prayer, proclaim that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, has died on the cross for your sins and risen from the grave by His own power, ask Him into your heart and life to begin the transformation within you, and then be forgiven by His merciful grace! Begin your relationship with God today. If you have already begun yours, then renew it today! God does communicate with us directly through so many ways. Choose today to communicate back to Him and fill your life with His grace, peace, love, and joy! You will be renewed just as I have been!

May God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment