23 February 2011

A Word Of Encouragement!

Hello Guys and Gals!

As you all know, I am looking to have Bariatric Surgery! I have an appointment this morning with my Dietician who is going to be letting me know if it will be scheduled soon or not. I am very nervous about it. I have been sick with a head cold the last month or so and I know that it affects my blood sugars and therefore my weight. Have I lost? Have I gained? Have I stayed the same? I will find out today.

Then a friend encouraged me this morning. He told me that he liked the positive impact I was having on those around me! To my friend who I will keep anonymous, thank you very much! I needed to hear that!

I was reminded of a verse. Matthew 16:24 which says:

"For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?'

Also 1 Timothy 4:7-8:

'discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness; for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

I am reminded by my friend's word of encouragement that it doesn't matter so much that I lose this weight or not; what does matter is me doing God's will in my life! So whether I have this surgery or not, I will continue to use my tongue which is sharper than any two edged sword, to speak the truth as God has revealed it to me! Please note that I will always back up what I say with references to the passages or documents or evidence that has led me to believe what it is I am saying.

So thank you my friend for your word of encouragement this morning!

May God bless each and every one of you this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment