10 February 2011

Two Competing Worldviews!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I keep hearing this phrase or quote being bandied around today, ‘The enemy of my enemy is my friend!’ This is worrisome to me. I hear that Islam is embracing this thought along with Communists and Athiests and all those who are against America and the ideas and beliefs which the US was founded upon!

It is actually an Arabian Proverb that is often compared to a Chinese Proverb which states, ‘It is good to strike at the serpent’s head with your enemy’s hand!’ Both of which take on this idea that it is good to form an alliance or friendship with someone just because they are the enemy of your enemy!

I have seen this thought on various websites:

The Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamal-dajani/the-enemy-of-my-enemy-is_b_185585.html

The New York Times: http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/14/the-enemy-of-my-enemy/

Shoot, even the Conservative websites are talking about how the Left, Communism, and Islam are embracing this thought:

Talking Points Memo: http://tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com/2005/11/14/my_enemys_enemy_is_my_friend/

Integral World: http://www.integralworld.net/harris9.html

Front Page Mag: http://frontpagemag.com/2010/10/04/islam-the-communism-of-today/

ShadowSpear: http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/threads/communism-islam-working-together-for-a-better-tomorrow.8946/

I find this type of belief disturbing. The reason why is because there have been times when I have made friends with someone simply because they didn’t get along with someone I didn’t get along with. In almost every single instance, I have found that the person who was my enemy’s enemy is just as likely to strike at me as my enemy is!

But what does the bible lead us to believe in this type of thinking?

Matthew 12:30 states, ‘He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.’

Jesus is speaking about what is known as the Unpardonable Sin which is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, or for more clarification, stating that the works of the Holy Spirit are of Satan! But back to the thought of what Jesus actually says. Jesus declares that if you are not with Him, then you are against Him! This means that the enemy of your enemy, he too is your enemy! If they are not your enemy, then they will have the same values, beliefs, and morals that you do and will stand with you against your enemy!

Forming an alliance with someone for the common purpose of defeating an enemy is an evil thought and wicked at its very core! I believe that it comes from trying to conceive a way to overcome a problem in a subversive way. This is taking matters into your own hands and not letting God show His might through his all powerful hand! The simple fact is, if you stick with truth and integrity and walk in the ways of God, having a good relationship with Jesus Christ, then you will not ever need to unite with those who do not believe the same as you!

Rely upon the power of God and His truth and righteousness and you will not have to lay down with the serpents in order to defeat the snakes! Yes, I used two synonyms for Satan because in both Communism and Islam, Satan is at the core of their belief systems which is why they are against Christianity and all it stands for!

Please be careful who you stand with so that you are not tempted to stray from Jesus!

May God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment