13 February 2011

Let Us Reason Together!

Hello Guys and Gals!

Let us reason together today! What do I mean by that? I mean let us use reason and logic to communicate with each other in an open and honest way so that we can explore the beliefs that we have!

I have often posted in my blog or in other places and my posts are always backed up with links or notes on how to reference the same material which I used to support the argument that I have made! Now there are many times when someone will tell me that I am wrong to say what I say. They go on to tell me that what I have written in my blog is way off target. Okay, how and why?

These same people are always willing to say I'm wrong or off target but never expound upon the reason why I am wrong or off target, let alone back up what they are saying with any supporting evidence of what they talk about. This is an argument that comes purely from emotion. This comes from a person who has not explored the reasons why they believe what they believe. This comes from a person without any foundations to their beliefs!

When I say I want to reason with you, you can be assured that I will be truthful in what I believe and that I will tell you why I believe it as well as giving you a resource so that you can see where I developed that belief within me! I will be more than happy to listen to you and try to grasp what you are trying to tell me even if you do not agree with me. But I will never tell you that you are wrong about a belief you have without telling you why I believe you are wrong and showing you where to get the supporting evidence of my belief!

I guess what I am getting at here is this; if you are going to confront someone on what they have said, have the integrity to also tell them why you believe they are wrong and also know from where you get that belief and show that person whom you are confronting your reasons and foundations for why you are confronting them. If you can't do that, then you are like sounding brass! This means that you are all noise without any music!

Speak your mind! Absolutely! 100%! But do it with logic and reason and not just emotion! Don't get me wrong, emotion is important because it is like an alarm clock within us saying this is important to us when we feel it. But without logic and reason, that emotion is like a brass symbol being banged about without any harmony within us! So listen to your emotion, but also explore why you have that emotion and figure out for yourself why you believe what you believe in order for you to feel that emotion!

May God, my Lord and Savior, give you a special blessing today!

No comments:

Post a Comment