15 October 2010

Open Honest Discussion About Worldviews!

Hello Guys and Gals!

What is your worldview? Do you know? What do you think about what you believe? Do you know the reasons you believe the way you do?

One of the great things I've ever done in my life was research the reasons as to why I believe what I believe. I did this a little bit before college. But while in college was when I truly committed myself to learning and discovering what I truly believed and why I believed it.

Have you done this? If not, why not?

Not only that, but why can we not have an open and honest discussion about what we believe and fully explore the reasons for believing what we believe? Let's talk about politics, religion, gay rights, homosexuality, marriage, diversity, God, creation, evolution, the big bang theory, and anything else that may come to mind as to why you believe the way you believe and what exactly are the reasons you believe that!

My question is why are all these topics off limits in today's society? Why can we not discuss them? Are we so filled with rage that we cannot have an open and honest discussion about these topics without someone getting angry or resorting to violence? I believe that we can. And the more we talk about these topics openly and honestly, the easier it will become to do so.

So speak freely about what you believe. Ask questions if there are areas where you're not sure about what you believe. Do some study to figure out the different arguments for every side of every topic that you can think of. Figure out which topics are the most important to you and study them first. Because even the order of priority of your beliefs contributes to your worldview!

Let's discuss it and be open and honest about it and not get mad and delete someone from your FB friend list just because they express an argument or disagrees with what you say. We're smarter and better than that! We don't have to be small minded in order to discuss our beliefs. We can do this! Just start and see what you find out about yourself and your friends.

May God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment