05 August 2010

A Mighty Fortress Is The LORD!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I'd like to start by apologizing for not writing for this long. I was first in the hospital for a kidney stone operation and then after I recovered from that, I went on a trip to Texas for three days. Can we say...Jet Lagg? Anyway, I'm back now and recuperated so I should be posting more often again.

During my time in the hospital and what I faced while in Texas, I found out just how strong the Lord is in keeping me safe and feeling peace no matter what is attacking me.

'I love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.' Psalm 18:1-3 by King David.

'He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust!"' Psalm 91:1-2.

Look at these two psalms. Both of them say that the Lord is a personal fortress for the authors of the psalms. The Lord is a mighty fortress. One we can rely upon in our darkest hours or our times of need.

The urologist informed me that a man with a kidney stone is dealing with the same intensity of pain that a woman giving birth goes through. I remember the pain of my kidney stone that was removed last week. I also remember praying between the grunts of pain and trying to catch my breath. They shut the glass doors on my emergency room because my prayers and groans were so loud that they feared me being too loud for the other patients to suffer their ER traumas in peace.

They finally took the stone out on my third day in the hospital. They put in a stint. Yes it was in my urethra and when I urinated, the stabbing pain that I had suffered from the kidney stone came back. Also, the stint was causing me to have to urinate much more often than normal. I can tell you that the pain I was going through was some of the worst pain I've had. But Jesus was right there with me. He comforted me through my pain. I knew, even though the pain was as intense as it was, that I could bear it because Jesus was there helping me through it.

Then, just a few days later, I have to fly down to Texas to testify against my older brother for attacking me back in January. I have testified solely for the reason that I saw it was a way for my brother to start getting the help he needs to control his uncontrollable temper which he refuses to get help for.

During my time on the stand, my brother was staring me down and smirking the whole time I was testifying. Whenever he thought his attorney made a point about my testimony being at fault for one thing or another, he would raise his eyebrows at me, smile real big, and nod his head vigorously showing his complete and utter contempt of me as I was relaying the truth about his attack upon me and my property that day.

Let me be clear here. I did seek after a judgement on him. Yet I know that I will probably never receive anything out of it. But I am hoping for a stipulation in his sentencing that will require him to seek medical and/or mental help. I do love my brother and the rest of my family. They are not talking to me right now because they think that I am wrong in testifying against my brother. I can only do what my heart is telling me to do, and that is striving to get him help in the only way I see it being possible.

Prior to the trial, on the night before, I was unable to sleep well. I was so tense that I was just not feeling completely right. I remember praying to the Lord about Him being my rock, my mighty fortress, Who leads me to still waters and makes me lie down in green meadows under shady trees. I know that this probably is stated by many different authors in the bible. However, it became very important for me to cry out to God in my time of need. He heard me and comforted me during this time.

I was able to stay calm through my testimony and simply relate the truth of that day back in January. I found a peace up there on the stand that day. It was a peace directly from God. One where, as I told the truth, I knew that the truth would be shown and that God was supporting me in my relaying of that truth.

'In my distress I called upon the Lord, yes, I cried to my God; and from His temple He heard my voice, and my cry for help came into His ears.' 2 Samuel 22:7. This is just one of the verses from King David's song of deliverance.

Another one is this, 'The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock; and exalted be God, the rock of my salvation, the God who executes vengeance for me, and brings down peoples under me, Who also brings me out from my enemies; You even lift me above those who rise up against me; You rescue me from the violent man.' 2 Samuel 22:47-49.

I feel that these verses apply directly to me and what I went through down in Texas. In my time of need, the Lord God was there for me. He placed Himself around me and becoming for me a mighty fortress, unassailable by those who would seek to do me harm. He kept me safe!

I pray for my brother and my family every day. I ask that the Lord heals that which is broken and restores the relationships that were damaged in this affair. But I did what the Lord led me to do and I was found blameless in the eyes of the court and my brother was convicted on both counts he was charged with. I hope they order some sort of medical or mental treatment for him so that he can get better. But through it all, the Lord was my fortress!

I cannot tell you what comfort I have that the Lord is willing to protect me like this. I hope that you also find this wonderful comfort in knowing that the Lord is a mighty fortress in your life as well.

May God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment