12 August 2010

A Call To Integrity!

Hello Guys and Gals!

By now, you know how important I think a person's integrity is. Not only that, but how important I find it to be a man of integrity in my own life. Let's look at the definition of integrity.

Integrity - in·teg·ri·ty   [in-teg-ri-tee] – noun

1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship's hull.

This definition comes from Dictionary.com. I prefer another definition for integrity that I have heard. Christ says that your tongue is what makes a man unclean because the words of his mouth proceed directly from his heart which show his true motives. With this in mind, my preferred definition of integrity is as follows:

The state of a man or woman where their words and deeds are in perfect alignment, meaning what they say and what they do have no conflict in their eyes and in the eyes of anyone looking upon them.

I prefer this definition because it makes my own personal resolution extremely clear!

'O Lord, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, and speaks truth in his heart. He does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; in whose eyes a reprobate is despised, but who honors those who fear the Lord; he swears to his own hurt and does not change; he does not put out his money at interest, nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken.' Psalm 15:1-5 The man who abides with God!

This is an amazing Psalm. I think that it mirrors the definition of integrity which I gave above.

'Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity, and I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.' Psalm 26:1. This psalm goes on in detail about King David's integrity in the Lord! This is the kind of integrity I am speaking to you about today.

So now, if you fully understand the type of integrity I'm talking about, then I call you to be a person of integrity. I challenge you with the same challenge I have challenged myself with. I call you to stand in your own integrity. If there is any part of your life that you feel you fail in your integrity, then fix that problem and start now being a person of integrity not only in that part of your life where it is lacking, but in your whole character and being. Stand with me in the truth and integrity that is Jesus Christ. Will you take up my challenge?

God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment