08 May 2012

The Trouble With My Brother!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I am writing this today to explain about my brother, James! Many of you know that I have had problems with my brother and that as such, I am not in communication with either him or the rest of my family. Well I am about to explain to you the reason why.

For years I have been the one to whom my brother turned when he was in trouble. I believe it has been this way ever since I got out of the Navy. Anyway, he was living with me in College Station, Texas. That morning my brother was angry with the world and I guess he was having a headache. He was screaming at me and I was trying to calm him down. He ended up attacking me and trying to kill me. He physically assaulted me with a cinder block which caused damage to my right hand which I still feel to this day. He also did damage to my Pathfinder and my Ford pick-up. As a result of this attack, the authorities there in College Station prosecuted James and found him guilty. He is under probation which, if he violates it, will turn into a prison sentence.

My family: mother, brother, sister, and all other relatives of mine are no longer in communication with me except for one. The reason for this is because James keeps telling lies about that day and anything else he can about me. My family is not in communication with me because they keep believing James' lies and spreading James' lies. This is the reason I am not in communication with them at all. In order to restore communication with me, all they have to do is let the truth come out. But I am done with the lies!

It has been over a year and a half since I have spoken with anyone in my family. It has been longer than that with my brother. Yet this past week I have found out that my brother did something that hindered my ability to come back to Fort Worth. Yes, I was planning on coming back to Fort Worth. Now I took this as a sign from God for me not to return South, as I have been praying and have asked others to pray as well for God's hand to be involved if God wanted me to return to Fort Worth at this time.

I do not know why my brother has such ill will towards me. I do know that he has admitted to some friends that he knows I did not aggravate him on that day and that he was solely responsible, but he will never admit that to the family as he is delighted that I am not communicating with the family and it is all because of his lies. Those are his words as retold to me by more than one person. He has something wrong with him that he works to bring me harm even if it hurts him in doing so when I have only tried to help him and never willingly hurt him!

I am not asking any of you who know him to cut off communicating with him. What I do ask is that you keep what you tell him about me to a minimum. And if what you tell him about me might bring me harm, then I ask you to think before you communicate with him about me. I also ask you to pray, with me, for him and that he finds it within himself to repent of his lies and seek a true relationship with God through Jesus Christ!

Will you do that for me? Will you pray for him? I humbly beg you to do this, with me, for him!

May God bless you all this day as you join me in praying for my brother, James!

No comments:

Post a Comment