08 April 2011

Does Jesus Think Of You As His Friend?

Hello Guys and Gals!

I haven't written in a while and for that, I apologize!

I want to know today if you believe that Jesus thinks of you as his friend? It is not a hard question. It is actually a very simple question. In other words, do you talk to Jesus the same way you do one of your friends?

I was always intrigued by how Abraham is referred to as being a friend of God. And if you think about Abraham and his talks with God, he wasn't afraid to approach God and try to bring Him round to Abraham's way of thinking. Think about the conversation Abraham had with God about Sodom. Abraham kept talking to God until he 'talked' God into agreeing not to destroy Sodom if He found 10 righteous people there! Sadly, there wasn't even that in that city. But the conversation they had, Abraham knew it was God he was talking to and was very respectful in it, yet we also see that Abraham was intimately familiar with God to the point that he was unafraid to voice his objections to God about the destruction of all the people of Sodom. That, my friends, is friendship! That is what it is all about!

So I ask again, how often do you just chat with God? Do you wish Him a good morning when you wake up? Do you ask Him how His day is going? Do you ask Him if there is anything you can do for Him today? Do you tell Him when you see someone you are really attracted to about how you are attracted to that person? Have you ever told Him a joke? Do you perceive Him as laughing with you when you find something particularly amusing?

In other words, do you share all the little intimate details of your life with Him like you would your best friend? This is what I'm getting at! Does Jesus, when He looks at you and thinks about you, know that you share with Him as you would your friend?

I try to share my life with Him in this way. I desire to know Jesus as intimately as I know my other friends. I desire to know Him as I know a best friend! For that is what He is to me, my best friend!

May God bless you all this day through your friendship with His Son, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment