04 September 2014

A New Question!

Hello Guys and Gals,

God has been speaking to my heart of a couple of topics, and I want to pose a couple of questions for you to consider today. My daily devotions took me into Revelation the other day, and while I was reading the Holy Spirit illuminated something to me in Matthew. Friends, it is amazing how all of scripture agrees with itself and demonstrates that it is inspired by God. So many would have us believe that mere men wrote the scripture, but the Bible proves over and over that it is truly the inspired word of God in text.

My first question to you to consider is this: How is your relationship with Jesus Christ today?

Now I have a second follow-up question: What if you knew that the end of times events described in Revelation had started; would you seek a more intimate relationship with Jesus Christ?

Let me preface this post by saying that this is an ongoing study in scripture for me. It has come to light within me by the guiding hand of God and I pray you take heed of my words so that you may find surety in your relationship with Jesus Christ!

I believe that the words in the bible should be taken literally because they are the literal words of God. While I was reading the events of Revelation, Chapters 6 & 7, I began to ask myself the question of when should I head for the mountains as Jesus warned. I then looked up that scripture and found it to be in Matthew, Chapter 24. Then, as I was reading, I started noticing some things that were the same words or phrases used in both of them!

First in Revelation...

12 Then I saw Him open the sixth seal. A violent earthquake occurred; the sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair; the entire moon became like blood; 13 the stars of heaven fell to the earth as a fig tree drops its unripe figs when shaken by a high wind; 14 the sky separated like a scroll being rolled up; and every mountain and island was moved from its place. 15 Then the kings of the earth, the nobles, the military commanders, the rich, the powerful, and every slave and free person hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. 16 And they said to the mountains and to the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, 17 because the great day of Their wrath has come! And who is able to stand? ” ~ Revelation 6:12-17.

Then in Matthew...

5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many. 6 You are going to hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, because these things must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these events are the beginning of birth pains. ~ Matthew 24:5-8.

15 “So when you see the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place” (let the reader understand ), 16 “then those in Judea must flee to the mountains! ~ Matthew 24:15-16.

27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the vultures will gather.
29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days:The sun will be darkened,and the moon will not shed its light;the stars will fall from the sky,and the celestial powers will be shaken.
30 “Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the peoples of the earth will mourn; and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other. ~ Matthew 24:27-31

Now add to this the fact that Heavenly places can also mean High places or Places of Rulership or Worship. And stars can mean those who shine like stars in the eyes of the world. Keep in mind that stars falling from high places is different terminology than celestial powers. Stars falling from high places can mean those who are celebrated in society will fall from their status in the world's eyes. And celestial powers being shaken literally means the powers of the celestial areas: or more accurately stated as things in outer space! Could this be referring to some satellites falling? Or does it mean stars in our skies falling to the Earth? Or are there two different meaning with these two statements: one being the rulers falling from grace and the other referring to a meteor shower or something similar?

These are all questions in my mind and heart that are wanting a clearer understanding. Yet one thing is clear to me, the Tribulation times described in prophecy in the Word of God are coming into play! I know my relationship with Jesus Christ is a very intimate relationship where I strive to learn and love at his feet! Is your relationship also intimate? Are you following Jesus where Jesus went? Are you sure of your salvation in your intimate relationship with Jesus that there is no doubt at Jesus telling his Father that you are one that he does know well?

May God bless you all this night!

No comments:

Post a Comment