30 October 2011

Whoever Said Life Was Fair?

Hello Guys and Gals!

I am asking you a question today. Whoever said life was fair? The reason I am asking this question is because I have been seeing many people saying 'that's not fair' or 'why me' lately. It seems like everyone is exhibiting an entitlement to fairness in their life. Why? Who said life was fair? Who said you get the rose garden with the little house and the white picket fence?

In my own life, I have come through a lot of adversity to say the least. I am addicted to methamphetamines! Yes I still claim it as an active addiction because I believe it will never go away! Do you know what that is like? Well, some of you do. Some, on the other hand, do not. It is the most addictive substance known to man! There is nothing more addictive in the eyes of the medical community today. Yes even compared to Heroine!

I am beating that addiction! I had no help doing it other than Jesus. Everyone seems to want these drug treatment programs and seem to say that this is the only cure. I didn't use one. But I can honestly say that without Jesus in my life, I would still be on that junk today! But He was the only one! Not my family! Not my friends! Not my co-workers! Not even my church! It was solely Jesus! I had no help whatsoever from anyone in beating this addiction except for Jesus!

Yet, you do not hear me complaining about why did I have to be tempted with Meth. You do not hear me complaining about why did I not have anyone help me through this like a drug treatment program. I don't complain because I am running the race set before me! 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 states:

24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. 25 Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; 27 but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

Now the race that I run and the the race that you run are not the same race! Every single one of us runs a different race! There is a different race set before each one of us! Yet our goal is that imperishable wreath! The one given by Jesus alone! So what that my race is different from your race! Run the race set before you to win it!

Is your race easier than mine? Is your race harder than mine? I do not know the answer to that question. I only know that they are different races. It does not matter if the race set before you is easier or harder than the race set before someone else! What matters is that you strive for that wreath! What matters is that you run the race before you to win! What matters is that when you fall down, and you will fall down, that you get back up and continue on toward the goal! That is your race! This is my race! They are different and fair does not even enter into it! You have what you have and I have what I have! Both are challenging to the runners! Will you overcome your challenge? I am sure striving to overcome mine!

May God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment