29 July 2011

The Image Of Jesus Christ!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I would like to thank you all who keep reading my blog for your continued reading of it. I never expected all of you to keep reading it faithfully as many of you do. Thank you!

Lately I have received many compliments on who I am. I have been told I am a good man, I have a good heart, I am doing good things in my life. And I am here to tell you all that you are wrong! It is not me that you see but Jesus within me!

I remember a time not too long ago when people did not like to be around me. It was said of me, 'You are just not a good person!' People did not like me to be around... period. And yet, I still did not change. I was too good for them 'jerks' who did not understand that I was smarter and better looking than them. I'm sure every one of you have had similar thoughts when someone says something bad about you.

Then something funny happened. Jesus decided that I had been running around long enough trying to do life my way and He decided to remind me of the commitment I had made to Him all those many years ago when He saved me. He then reached out and touched my heart with His unshakable love. In that moment, He showed me what the image of Him was that others were seeing in me. I am ashamed of how I portrayed Him to others all those years of my life! So now I live for Him! All that I do now is for His glory and the good you see in me is Jesus within me doing these things!

I guess I'm just tired of hearing about how everyone is putting off a bad image of Christ in their standing up for His truth and laws and His definitions of what sin is! Today we see Christians being attacked by non-Christians and even some Christians for not being tolerant or loving enough to those who are not Christian; such as Muslims, Gays, or anyone else who does not like Christianity! Let me remind you of a few things that are a direct result of loving Christians: Schools, Hospitals, and Charities. That's right, even the earliest known schools were because Christians thought that everyone should be able to read and write and get an education. And Hospitals because Christians thought that everyone should have access to good medical care. And while Charities may have existed before Christians, it was because of Christians that Charities have grown and become so worthy of us sending our money to help others through them; they started through churches and their outreach programs to help depraved communities!

Do not think that the image of Jesus Christ that is within Christians does not shine! It does and we should be proud of His light shining through us to the world! We have often heard of how some people put a bad image of Christ out there for the world to look upon. But seldom do we hear about the good image of Christ. Well that image is much more prevalent than the bad image and the world that sees it, hates it! They want nothing more to do than to keep others from seeing it because they know it is a good thing and they don't want to bring attention to it because they still have sin in their life they have not faced yet and that scares the hell into them! That's right! I said it scares the hell INTO them! This is because their fear of facing that sin is so powerful that they literally bring hellish, evil ways to bear in their attempts to keep the world from seeing it. Pray for the world that God opens their eyes to the truth!

And for all the mighty lights of Jesus Christ out there who are showing a good image of Jesus Christ to the world... do not be discouraged and keep letting your light shine! Even though the world hates your light, let it shine forth and pierce the darkness in their hearts! Thank you today for letting that light shine into my heart and helping me to face the sin in my own life! For now I am also shining the light of Jesus Christ that is in me to the world and all the good that you see in me, is wholly and completely coming from Jesus Christ within me!

God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment