20 January 2011

Past Paths You Could Have Taken!

Hello Guys and Gals!

I have been reading the Book of Job. I have been considering and thinking about what is written there. Then I have been thinking about the 'paths' we could have taken in life but did not. I have thought about what if I had been fully devoted to God earlier on in my life. I think God has sent me a message. I believe He told me that I should not dwell upon it other than to tell you all what I have found out. That is, all them other paths that could have been, they don't matter! What is important in God's eyes is what you are doing now!

Dwelling on the past can be used to repair what is broken now and fixing it by not making the same mistakes. But even though you regret certain choices you have made in life, you shouldn't give up on what you can do now just because you didn't do it then! So focus on now and look and see what you can do to get right with God now and follow that by doing what He leads you to do with your abilities and gifts that He has given you for such a time as this!

Listen, we all have sin in our past. We have all treated others with contempt and disdain and given them all pain and suffering and even persecution. So what if they gave it to you first. It doesn't matter! Seek God first and repair your relationship with Him! Then let Him guide you into repairing your relationship with those who have hurt you or those whom you have hurt! But always do it in the way God would do it! Be loving and kind and respectful! Know that they might attack you and yell at you and maybe even get physical with you. Turn the other cheek and let them do so. I know this will be tough as I am also dealing with this concept in my life! But do it anyway with faith that God will use this to restore your relationship!

Now I'm not saying take abuse that doesn't stop. If this happens, walk away and leave them alone for God to work upon their heart as well. But reach out and try and do it in a humble way. But at the same time, do not let them abuse you! But do reach out to try and repair what is broken!

After you have been working on repairing your relationship with God and your relationship with your neighbor, then ask this question: what can I do that I do well? Make a list if you have to. Figure out what you have as strengths and also weaknesses, areas in your life that you need to work on! Then ask, what you can use those things you do well to do something to further God's will in your life and the lives of others! It may be something small. It may be something big. It may be something in between the two. It may be something nobody will notice but God. Again, it doesn't matter what it is so long as you do something! Trust me in this one thing, God will bless your efforts and will show you and teach you and lead you to further your efforts for Him!

So quit dwelling on the possible paths that could have been taken in your past! Think on and act on the path you are on today and do something pleasing to God! He will surely reward you for it!

God bless you all this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment